This is a question that can be applied to a limitless amount of topics in life, today however we'll apply it to vitality.
Recently...
- Homerunking and myself gave a ~90 minute ground breaking presentation on health and fitness at the 08 Under 21 convention
- There has been a lot of discussion concerning health/nutrition on various forums.
One thing I've noticed (and this isn't surprising considering I just finished The Power of Now), and been able to observe is the battle of egos, myself included.
When it comes to superior vitality, a lot of it comes down to being principle centered, accepting what is, and treating the source of the problem, not the symptom.
Many people however are still conditioned to treat the symptom, and with vitality that often means looking for a "way out" or "escape".
Uh...what?
This is most clearly seen when people speak about protein and their ego uses it as a "way out" of pain, ie being unhealthy/out of shape/over/under weight etc...
I'm fat, so I must not get enough protein.
I'm skinny, so I must need more protein.
I don't eat enough protein, so that's why I must not feel good/healthy and vibrant.
After all, this is what's pushed down your throat in the form of candy/protein bars, sugary protein shakes, processed/industrialized/grain fed meat, etc... The stuff that makes huge profits.
So what does accepting what is and working on correcting the source of the problem look like? Well for me it's being principle centered and taking consistent action in your life.
What's that mean?
Well there's this fairly recent movement in health called Alkalinity, that is eat more alkalizing instead of acidic food. The end result is supposed to be vibrant health.
Personally, I'm not sold on the concept. I don't believe the human body is as simple (and never will be) as eating one specific way. Just like there is no magical way to pickup women...it varies from person to person.
Ultimately there are certain principles that can and should be shared among men, but never a set way.
It's the same with vitality.
Alkalinity is great, especially the principles behind it (light years ahead of common health/fitness ideas and concepts), however if you you believe it's an end all way to live... I believe your sorely mistaken.
In summary, don't look for an excuse as to why you aren't enjoying the vitality of your dream's, especially one as common as not enough protein. Become principle centered as described in The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, and take pro-active action every day.
-Dream