The Newbie Problem- Everything has to make Sense

Nov 9, 2007 11:18 AM

This is something that hit me one night at like 4am not to long ago.

It's another one of those things a lot of community guys *know* but don't understand. It's a cryin shame too.

One after another, pooah after pooah, I’ll even go to say the majority of students when they get to the house.

They all think game is one big logical construct. They believe if you can just find the right set of sentences to say, or do x y z... you can get laid.

This is community wide.

Now I’m going to attempt to tackle this little problem at a slightly different angle...

So what actually brought this to my attention and produced a blog post (aside from actually realizing this is a problem)?

Just a simple question via pm and a pertaining thread on the VA forums. Basically this guy wanted to know what my “wii routine” was all about.

I read it and was quite dumbfounded, but I was at a loss of words for a minute when it hit me why he was asking.

This guy is still in the early stages of talking to women.

He’s still in *magic pill* mode and looking for that NEXT thing to say to girls, that next thing to cover up any shortcomings he may have (not saying everything cann is bad here either guys but for most community guys they’re doing just that).

And I was just thinking, “Doesn’t this guy understand? It’s sooooo common knowledge isn’t it?
It doesn’t matter what words we're using in set, not nearly as much anyways as everything else being communicated by mus…”

And then I was like oh…. He has no idea actually (he's a newbie like winnie the pooah! lol)

This guys thought patterns were along the lines of “hey, Dream is getting laid with his *wii routine*. It must be really good, so if I learn it, I can get laid too.....yippeeee!!”

***And just to clarify, there is no *wii routine*. The only thing I do with it in field is use it as a logistical seed for the bounce later (which translates as I enthusiastically tell girls about my Nintendo wii back home, drop it for most of the night, and then if Ive done my job with her mention it again at the end of the night and bring her home on that premise so she doesn’t feel like a slut).***

And hey, the Wii is great! I love it. Girls love, everyone loves it.

But it doesn’t work any better than DDR, Guitar Hero, alcohol (although I don't drink, my roommates do), a pool table….anything fun.

Girls just want an excuse to go home with you, give it to them.

Now the newbie is still having trouble just VIBING, and being NORMAL. This stuff is wayyy over his head.


Do you think this will ever help him at his current level?


No, unless he likes heffalumps ;).

So what am I getting at?

Well, its no new discovery that the most talked about portion of the *game* is attraction. Reason probably being 99% of newbies never stick with pickup to the point where they actually move their interactions past that point.

What I want to initiate though is a new focus.

Which is....focusing on the emotional aspect of game, the babble. (read here for a great look at it http://realsocialdynamics.blogspot.com/2007/09/art-of-gibberish-aka-million-dollar.html).

Now what is emotional babble to me?

Basically just spitting out random bullshit that’s coming from a good place, so its basically emotionally sugar coated words put together than don’t make much sense.

And you know what? It works great for attracting girls.

There’s probably a zillion reasons why, but I think the most important ones are

A. It shows you don’t give a shit

and

B. you’re having fun and goofing around with her (this in and of itself says A LOT of good things about you)

Now at this point I feel I can spit out a bunch of random crap, pretty consistently...

Probably one of the best guys Ive see do this though is a former student, and he goes by Zebra on the forums.

He took the 6 person convention super bootcamp, and most of the other students were just using what we told them to use early on, or trying to improv on the spot (which early on is really hard lol).

But I remember listening in on Zebra’s interaction’s and he was just BABBLING away. Things like “yeah baby…..I wanna cover your whole body in mayonnaise….lick it off…..then take you to the moon in my spaceship…..yeahhhh =)” and so on.

And man I'm like WTF LOL. Awesome...

And man some of the girls we had him approaching were HOT, and you know what?

They were lovin him most of the time.

A few tweaks with beginners stuff and he was on fire almost every night (for like over a week during this workshop lol), pulling makeouts, numbers, shit he almost pulled a bartender home with Slikk one night.

But this was the first time I had ever seen anyone spit shit out like this. Like occasionally I had, or Slikk or someone, but always in state.

But this was just how Zebra was talking to woman normally, and it worked great!

That said, Zebra was a pretty cool dude coming onto program, and a lot of guys are not going to be able to go up and start doing this, I know I couldn’t have early on anyways...

But I do think new guys should stop focusing SO FUCKING MUCH on the LOGICAL side of words they are saying in set to ATTRACT girls (meanwhile I'm ALL about the logistics at this point lol).

Women are emotional creatures, and logic cancels that out. It will ruin an interaction sooner or later.

And while some routines may invoke emotion, long term the LOGICAL mindset you’re in will kill the vibe, and ruin anything you had going with her.

I think if most newbies can just LET GO, of the LOGICAL sense they’re trying to make in set (early on anyways), it will go sooo much better for them.

If you’re a newbie and your set on using routines, go ahead and use them, just let go of the LOGIC behind them (a good example would be using a Future Adventure Projection and midway through just start babbling off some made up story), that way when you fux it up (=P), you can just keep blabbing away and the set will still go GREAT, you’ll get attraction without finishing x routine guys!

No joke! I swear, just try it out and see how it goes for you (try it out more than once to btw, don’t be an uno).

So yeah, if you're having trouble early on like most of us do, give this a shot.

It says a lot of good things about you in set, and even if it doesn't work for you specifically, long term you're going to see the concept behind it and it will more than likely help your game in the future.

Livin

-Dream