Tim Ferris speaks about his Vibram shoes at the beginning of the video.
So some of you guys may be familiar with my shoes, the Vibram five fingers. Check out a random snapshot of them here on me.
Anyways just wanted to point out that even though I'm not a fan of running anymore, the shoes still rock. As best selling author Tim Ferris points out they strengthen various connective tissues in your feet, as well as the dozens of muscles-especially the big ball at the top of your foot, which is actually a shock absorber- in your foot.
Regular shoes, do not do this. In fact the reason Vibram Five Fingers "strengthen" your feet is because "normal" shoes effectively weaken them.
Kind of like wearing big marsh mellows for shoes ;)
As Tim also points out, stronger toes-and the ability to actually use them as you were intended to- helps with certain lifts in the gym.
You'll actually see me using these on a 500 pound leg press if you're on the list.
That's right, I'm filming tomorrows "high intensity" workout, and releasing it first to the Dream Vitality list (you can also join at the top of this blog).
This is exclusive stuff I send to my list periodically, so GET ON THE LIST. You do not want to miss these videos.
Back to the shoes, I love them. I've had them since late June of 2008 and they've held up exceptionally well. They been there with me on half marathons, insane jump rope tricks, dodgeball, and more.
Do I wear them every day? Hardly, I usually just wear some cheap flip flops if anything. But, I still use them for dodgeball, and wherever else I need shoes (usually fewer places than you think).
At dodgeball, while Im certainly not the fastest, I haul ass in these things when it's time to sprint for a ball. 9 out of 10 times smoking people half a foot taller, or 40 pounders lighter.
Aright gotta run guys, short post, but more fun stuff on the way. Make sure you're on the list for this weeks videos!
-Dream