The Most Brutal Workout Ever- Meeting Drew Baye and Testing the Hybrid Machine

Apr 26, 2009 7:53 PM

If you've kept up with convention news, you're well aware that Drew Baye will be speaking in 2009 for over an hour on body building/physique development.

Who is Drew Baye? A world renowned personal trainer, and walking encyclopedia of knowledge regarding exercise physiology. He's also a father-as you'll see in a sec-, husband, and really down to earth/cool guy.

I got to meet him for the first time yesterday at his home in central Florida. He was also kind enough to put me through a workout on a state of the art Hybrid machine that he's testing out in his home for the designers.

Simply put, this was the most brutally painful workout I've ever experienced-and I've been through some pretty grueling workouts. Not surprisingly it was very brief-only 3 reps per exercise. And honestly, I was done in about 2, the third rep on most movements I might as well have been just holding on and not even pushing.

We also had the opportunity to film the entire workout. Check it out below.







I think Drew said it best during the workout, "it's like using a forklift to workout with" (paraphrased). What's even more staggering-as I sit here still incredibly sore over a day later- is that there are ways to increase the intensity on this machine.

What I chose was a negative only style. Guess I'm a big vagina =).

Anyways I'm not going to sit here and write about a machine I know little about- but if you're interested in learning more about the machine I recommend visiting the following  links on Drew's site.

Testing the Hybrid Machine


Hybrid Machine Prototype FAQ

I will say however that this machines seems to allow a practical-yet dramatic- increase in intensity. And while this is a bit of an oversimplification, increasing the intensity of exercise without violating certain physiological guidelines/laws will result in more effective/efficient exercise.

Perhaps we'll see the birth of UHIT (ultra high intensity training) in the coming years with the machine that can make grown men cry.

-Dream