I’ve had a lot of incredible experiences since then.
I feel I have grown tremendously, in virtually every aspect of my life.
Everything, from the superficial like my social skills/physique, to the deeper core stuff that is frightening to face and liberating to experience.
…
At 17 my close friends, and this community helped me lose my virginity to a beautiful blonde.
At 18 I decided to return the favor and host an event for guys my age.
It turned out to be much, much more than originally intended, but no one seemed to complain =).
At 19 I decided it was time to get things handled once and for all.
Meanwhile, I decided to continue helping others through Under 21 Lifestyle, and began writing my first book, The Dream Way which detailed what I had learned about women, life, and personal transformation up to the point of completing the book.
To sum up the year, I directed the 2008 Under 21 Convention, which turned out to be the world’s largest convention centered around dating and relationships.
It’s funny what kind of opportunities and responsibilities fall into our laps when we remain alert and present through tough times.
Speakers from around the world gathered for 3 days to speak to an audience just as diverse.
In the end, the filming of the event resulted in ~21 hours of high quality footage which will be released this November 11th at 7pm est.
It is my master piece, my greatest single gift to this community as of yet.
Now I’m 20, and I decided not long ago to make a choice that will lead me further down an unconventional path.
That is, I sat down, examined my life, and made a decision on what I want to do in my twenties (simple, yet rare).
That is, I led myself to figure out my direction and purpose, not only in my life, but for this community.
What is my role in all of this?
My biggest realization was one that was right under my nose, and staring me point blank in the face.
This community has come a long way since NLP and peacocking weirdness (not that both are useless, but if you’re 150 pounds over- weight, and have low self esteem, a feather bowa and “patterns” should be the least of your concerns).
Giant leaps have been made.
And in my opinion, Tyler and Brent have led the way.
So what now?
In the past, attempts have been made at conventions for this community. Thus far, my 2 have gone exceptionally well (whether I realized it or not at the time lol).
Cliff’s List had a good start, and I’ve heard good things about other event’s as well. However, no one seems to be stepping up to the plate for a consistent event.
No one seems to have the courage to step up and unite the community.
So it finally hit me.
What was staring me in the face for so long.
What fell into my lap the day I started that thread on the Attraction forums.
My purpose in this community, and my direction in life in the coming years (if not all the way through my twenties) is to host the world’s largest convention that helps men reclaim that masculinity that was lost “along the way”.
You could say “dating/relationships” or “self actualization”, but right now that’s the way I want to express the convention in writing.
And not just another ~80 person 3 day event. That’s already been done.
I mean an annual event that drops the bomb every year.
The “next level”.
The “official” community event, that takes a step beyond the community, and reaches men all over the world.
Birth to the event was given in 2007, it took it's first big steps in 2008, and in 2009 it will be re-born as the
4 Days
Some 400 people
Not the catchiest name, but it will suffice for 2009 =).
I have determined that this is my role in the community, and how I can best help others, which is a primal need within all of us.
This is the gift I can give that will really come from my core.
My other ventures are great as well. But hosting this event with everything I have, and then some, will ultimately lead to everything else “falling in line”.
Or in other words, get my number one priority to the number one spot, and everything else will auto-correct in time.
And by falling into line, the gifts will be closer to their potential.
When I re-write The Dream Way later in 2009, it will be that much more clear and concise. The same goes for Dream Vitality which will be released this December.
Even workshops.
The way I see it, this is the largest sticking point I have yet to face (finding my purpose).
And by getting it straight, I can help others find theirs as well and achieve the same peace of mind, which IS masculinity at its core.
Why did this fall into my lap?
I don't know honestly.
Maybe it's because of my history and how I can relate to others not connecting to that primal masculine power.
Ya, I've been there.
Maybe it was chance though.
Or maybe... it's a fire in my belly ;).
I may never know, but that's not important to me right now.
What is important to me, is living to my fullest, living on my edge, and that includes giving this event and community ME.
100% conscious
110% Balls to the wall
This is what I have determined 3 years into this community.
This is who I am, and this is what I'm about.
It's time to step up.
-Dream
ps- I'm interviewing Nilatak tomorrow (who spoke at the 2007 convention) about his progression through the community, which is some 6 years. Expect some great insights in this free bonus for those who buy the 2008 footage within 48 hours of the release this Tuesday.
get pumped!
pps- something slipped my mind while writing this, something very cool. I think what happened right before this post (read about it here), lead me to realize that my role in this community is not to write "the" book on dating, or create that ground breaking workshop (or company like RSD, Love Systems, Venusian Arts, etc...)but to unite all these guys. To much bull shit has been thrown around verbally over the years, and it's time for someone to step up, remain neutral/independent, and bring it all together into one big ass event...and party in Orlando!
=D
