What's your health worth to you?

Sep 14, 2008 5:26 PM


So I'm about ready to launch a new site about health/fitness and the like...how am I doing so far?

=)

I was actually looking for a picture of someone eating a Big Mac and came across this giraffe, and could not stop laughing.

Man I'm one fucked up little kid sometimes...;)

Anyways, the question for today is, what is your health worth to you?

Obviously Toy's R US corporate image does not value it's health, but do you?

Many people say they do. They say they are

  1. going to eat "better"
  2. work out "more"
  3. stop eating so much "garbage"
  4. going to "try new things"
What really happens?

Often times...
  1. they fail to set a clear goal of when they are going to change their eating habits, and as a result never get to it
  2. they keep rationalizing away more time at the gym (or keep procrastinating ever starting)
  3. "new things" end up being more quick fixes/supplements/powders/pills, rarely anythig pro-active like a new workout routine or change of equipment
Why?

People resist change. This is something we face as a race, everyone goes through it (hence I can look back and relate to the "what really happens" bullet points I just listed).

We need certainty, and uncertainty.

Uncertainty is usually a little scary though, and some 90% of the population never stands up and finds the courage to change their life circumstances.

So I ask you, what's your health worth to you?

Is it worth a little extra effort for a long term benefit?

Is it worth more energy in your day to day life?

Is it worth a better physique?

Is it worth a little...uncertainty?

Please decide before I launch my new site with nearly an hour of free audio from the 2008 Under 21 Convention.

=)

-Dream