Constant Positive Mind Screws

Mar 30, 2008 8:45 PM

Be sure to check out the other post made today right below this one.


Yeah so this title doesn't make complete sense but it sounds cool. Basically I want to talk about a few phrases that have been running through my mind lately, things that have been helping me tremendously in things like focus, direction, being in the now, etc...

1.Do your own thing

This is entire list isn't in top to bottom order of importance but this is definitely above the rest since it's been helping with so many different aspects of my life recently it's amazing.

Basically it's like having a bobbing head version of David Dedia (spelling) on your shoulder like an angel yelling this every so often.

"Do your own thing"

During the day, with this blog, WITH WOMEN, at work, what the fuck ever.

Considering the nature of most readers on this blog though I'll give some examples of how this is helping me and manifesting with women.

Hm...

Ok the latest chick I banged. This chick is really positive and hence when she tests me it's never to apparent (unlike some girls who call it out like the time of day). Whenever I sense this, and sense myself drifting further and further away from the now, "do your own thing" pops into my head.

Example. I had never taken a shower with a chick before, just never worked out logistically. Last weekend when I banged her I woke up and was like hey Im gonna take a shower, you can hop in if you want. She wasn't really bitchy about it but was like nah Ill be alright, cool whatever.

The other night though I woke up, fucked her again, and then took a nap. Woke back up, kissed her on the forehead and went to take a shower. I wanted to take a shower with her but before I said anything "do your own thing" popped up. And then I was like yeah I want that but stating something like that is needy so Im just gonna go take a shower and not worry about it.

Not a minute later she's hopping in the shower, almost eager, happy.

Cool, fooled around in the shower, but honestly my cok was wore out after fucking all night and morning so when I got done showering I hopped out.

"I'm gonna go grab some food"

Same pattern as before. She gets out of the shower, comes downstairs....hmm hard to explain but I guess you could say she was more "in my frame" since I was just doing whatever I felt like doing and only including her when necessary rather than before when I would invite her to do little things. Pooahtron yes but that's how it is.

Overall, and this is a long shot as I don't read minds but I do have pretty good intuition with this stuff now a days, when it was time for her to go home it was like almost like...

"this guy is so awesome, he acts the way he wants without being rude, he does his own thing, I couldn't be happier"

Was written on her face.

Another example was last night, probably the hottest date I had ever had. I mentioned her last week, a local bartender, asian, really fucking hot.

Finally got her on the phone, she dropped a few hints about hanging out but I kinda blew them off because I wasnt done talking about what I wanted to talk about. Sure enough a few minutes later I ask her what she's up to and she's down to hang out.

I want to play Wii, she wants to go to the bar she works at later and say hi to her friends. That's cool but I want to play Wii

"hmm, ok cool, we'll compromise, you come over in about 2 hours, we hang out, then go see your friends, call me when you need directions"

And that was that.

Another person I see do this is Sinn at his talks. He'll be presenting an idea and then end it with "right", but it's in a tone that doesn't give you an option to argue if you want to follow and understand the ideas/concepts he's presenting.

Ok so maybe one more here as Im draggggggging on with this ;)

We ended up going to the bar she worked at, she went behind the bar to hang with her friends for a minute, so little robotic David Deida pops up

"do your own thing"

I get a drink, actually know the bartender, talk to him, then some other dude at the bar. Then mid conversation Im just like "hey I gotta piss bro, nice meeting you"

She'll probably be back in a moment but hey nature calls. 10 minutes later after waiting in line for the bathroom I walk out and she's there talking to a friend of hers

"hey!, where did you go? I couldn't find you anywhere!"

Hey I had to go to the bathroom, deal with it lol.

And it was that same face in a less potent form that the girl I had banged yesterday morning. It's kinda like Im turning all these little micro moments of state loss (if you look at state as a thermometer), and raising my value with them, without thinking about it.

There's a ton of other little moments I could describe in pooahness detail but I think you guys get the idea

DO YOUR OWN THING


2. Travel more, especially outside the US

After traveling to Vegas, Key West, other college towns like Gainsville/Tampa and the Carribean recently, I'm beginning to see the value of travel that RSD and other guys like Right Hand Man from toplair rave about.

And what blows me away is how much MORE traveling outside the US can and will help me learn. Even in places like Cozumel which is like a frikin theme park, I can feel it just talking to locals and seeing how they live day to day. Or chatting up girls from Sweden, Canada, and Australia.

You just get this vastly better VIBE.

Hopefully I'll be traveling somewhere in June (south america most likely)

"Travel more" is similar to "do your own thing" though in the sense that I get that whenever I get a bad vibe from American raised girls. Like say I'm out at a club and this girl is just a spoiled little brat or thinks America is like Heaven on Earth...Im just like UGH I need to check out somewhere where chicks aren't brainwashed. Healthy mentality or not for me is irrelevant because my mind sees greater value in traveling the world and re-examining my mind sets there rather than in a frikin night club.

3. The life you save will be your own



HAHA
GO DBZ

=)

It's just a line that stuck out to me from the song in this amv.

Kinda hits me emotionally, as in hey I'm not here to save the world. Help as many as you can, but ultimately life comes down to something like balance, and taking responsibility for your own happiness.

Setting an example 'saving your own life' is a great way to help others to. I know if I hadn't found examples to model and teachers along the way I wouldnt be anywhere near where I am now.


4. Feeling lonely has nothing to do with the fact that I'm alone

Lately (and I think a lot of it has to do with number one, but not all of it), this phrase from The Power of Now has been meaning more and more to me. As a result, my level of NEEDINESS has fucking plummeted.

Like when this girl hopped in the shower with me, yeah I wanted to fuck, that was physically apparent, but I just didn't feel like it. I was hungry, and had had enough sex for the moment.

Didn't need it.

I think this is something that's reeling in this Asian girl to. Like shes SO fucking hot, and SO used to being hit on it's blowing her away I'm like "yeah...cool...yeah Im a nerd...yeah you are to...yes you are....yeah sure....cool...mmhmmm....yeah..."

And it's coming from a place of authenticity versus a button pushing place (when and where I learned about concepts like being non needy).

I guess this is another transitional phase I'm going through and needed to make it a little tangible and figure some shit out

till next time

-Dream