2008 Under 21 Convention Footage: Q and A

Nov 17, 2008 7:32 PM

Hey guys

I've gotten a ton of questions about the footage since launch, I'm going to run down the list here and answer the ones I found to be most important/frequent.


Q: Is this really the "most comprehensive dating product ever released?". I've been in the community a while and I'm skeptical of such a claim

A: Yes, yes it is. This hit me right before the footage launched after actually sitting down and watching all of it. Nothing like this had ever been done before. Cliffs List 2005 footage comes close, but it's so arhcaic it just doesn't match up. Plus, I think most people that have been around since then would agree that the community has taken a fundamental "shift" since then. We actually know what we're doing now a days, and most of us have finally figured out that feather boa's aren't cool. Sinn finally has inner-game, El Topo regained his sight, and Adam Lyons doesn't give a damn about opening at a 45 degree angle ;)

Bottom line, I stand behind the claim 150%. Thus far, no one has been able to show me another product that is as comprehensive. It just doesn't make sense, 17 world class dating coaches come together for 3 days and give it their all. How do you make something more comprehensive than this? (well, the short answer is make it 4 days and invite more people, but I'm already a few steps ahead in that resepect =D).

Q: Why is the price $167.95, couldn't you make it any lower? Hell last year's footage was free, and the 2008 live event was only $100.

A: Guys, I'm college as well. I know what it's like to be low on cash, and I went as low as I could with the footage this year, just like last year. I am not sorry for the price being what it is, I went as low as I could, and then some. As far as I'm concered, there's multiple times more value for your dollar in this product than other MAJOR video releases from individual companies.

Sorry, no kool-aid available with your purchase of free thinking video material. ;)

However, there are a few key differences between last years and this years footage, primarily...

a. we used 3 cameras (the final product is much nicer, but you also have to pay 3 camera guys 3 days in a row)

b. one was on a crane and produced shots like this

c. PradaG filmed the event last year for free, something we got incredibly lucky on and I am forever thankful for. As a result, Venusian Skills agreed to host the video for free for the first few months. In fact, all 1,100 of you who signed up then have the account free for LIFE.

d. 2008 footage cost over $9,000 to produce. No one I know has the funds to drop that much cash (and bandwith) to host the footage for free or event cheap.

e. 2007 footage is currently $36.95. Venusian Skills is not unisef. Thanks to PradaG though we can keep it that low. Had we dropped a few thousand to produce the 2007 footage, the price would be closer to $100 than the current 37 dollar price tag.

f. Both year's of the convention have been incredibly cheap to attend. Why? Cause I'm cool like that, that's why =).

Seriously though, Im in college, and this event is under the table so to speak. I do not have zillions in advertising and other overhead like major companies such as RSD/LS/VA, hence my event is of lower cost (and formerly, cash only, but this has now changed since tickets are available on eventbrite). But, this relies heavily on word of mouth and people linking in to me just because they appreciate what I do, so spread the word!

So yea, I'm sure a lot of you who attended were probably scratching your heads when you saw that the footage was more than the event itself, but bottom line is, the live event is a freebie.

g. This footage is instantly playable like last year's, which means no DVDs. We could have gone DVD's like other events do, but then the footage price would have reflected shipping/handling/extra production costs. Basically it would have been $200, at a holiday special price.

*uh, this turned out a little longer and more broad scale than I intended, but yea that's the answer.*

Q: I've heard you do not have full control over the price, is this true?

A: Yes. I have a yearly agreement with Venusian Skills for each product on their site. I retain 50% of the product while it's on their site, including pricing. We negotiate each product's price until we find a happy medium. It's simple business. VenusianSkills retains the right to change their half of the final price at any time, which is always possible if they want to advertise the product more.

Q: I've heard you released over 2 hours of free footage from the event, where can I find it? More importantly, was the purpose of doing this?

A: Yes, over 2 hours of free footage from the 2008 convention was released for free. You can find it here (we will also be releasing free clips of the 2007 convention as part of a re-release).

As for the purpose of releasing free clips, that's two fold. One, I love giving back to the community. Over 1,100 of you have free access for life to the 2007 footage on Venusian Skills (btw there is new footage available of Orleans, never before seen in high quality). Also, the live events will always be as inexpensive as can possibly be. 2009 tickets are for a full four days of seminar and are only $200 throughout the year. Other events are charging hundreds more, literally. Not to mention company inclusive events which are usually a MINIMUM of $1,000. Also still running is the deal for former attendants (if you've been to 2007/2008 or both, and buy your ticket before 2009, you get complimentary VIP front row seating).

Two, I'm very straightforward with the marketing and selling of everything I do. Part of that is because I'm a horrible marketer (or, you can ask the women in my life how good of a lier I am! lol, same concept), but it's also because that's how I like to communicated. You'll see this reflected in everything, including my book which dives right into how I communicate with women.

So, yeah. I put out the clips to demo my product. It was either that or hire some dushbag like Mike Long to sell a bunch of hype for it. I'm not into that shit, sorry.

Those clips available on Youtube not only get real substantial value out for free, but they sell the product. It's simple. Let someone view a good chunk of what they are going to be buying. If they like it, they buy it. If not, so be it.

I know who I am, and what I'm about, and I believe those who were meant to view this footage and benefit from it personally, ultimately will. Quality attracts quality.






If I think of more questions or if I get anymore at Support@Under21Convention.com I'll edit them into the post. Thanks guys!

-Dream