The 4 Hour Work Week

Feb 19, 2008 2:15 PM


Not long ago a lair guy named Neo (super cool dude) mentioned this book he read that had "changed his life". I was skeptical but intrigued to say the least, especially considering what the book had inspired Neo to do (which included completely changing his lifestyle and traveling around the world for a little while).

Well one day in January the idea to actually pick up this book came to me, so I went and bought it off of impulse.

IMMEDIATELY I was hooked, totally fascinating.

I probably could have finished it all in one day had I more free time to devote to reading it. All in all I finished it in a few days, instantly one of the best books I had ever read.

And by the way, it's this book in particular that is helping me make my own book become a reality.




What the book is about exactly is hard to describe. I guess you could say "time management", but the author disagrees whole heartedly with that description.

So far it has helped me immensely get things in order that I have in the works, such as trips (Vegas this Thursday, Key West in a few weeks, a cruise ship after that....), the book, the Under 21 Convention, even school work.

The biggest reason is that it provides the resources I needed that I never knew where to find.

For example I now have a personal assistant named Amber who helps me with small tasks such as homework =), blog traffic, and anything else I can think up for her. So far she's been super friendly, done an amazing job, and made my life that much more stress free. Best of all? She doesn't charge much.

Btw if you are interested in having her as a personal assistant you can contact her through the blog I just linked or her elance account where I found her at.

I also have other assistants helping me with more complex tasks such as website building and graphic work. And guess what? They do as good of a job as the next big company out there, for a fraction of the price. Not all of them speak great English like Amber, but they they the job done ;).

Another thing that's cool about this book and the author, Tim Ferris, is his fresh outlook on life and social conditioning as it pertains to work/retirement etc...

And as you can see with my travel plans, his influence is strong ;)

But it goes beyond that. The 4 hour work week also inspired me to sell all the junk I don't need (along with Fight Club which is the next review).

Check it out

Before




After



"Dreams lost it!"

Nah, I had been thinking about this for a while actually, especially after seeing my roommate Ratisse lay over 40 women in the past few months without a bed.

Hell my bed was worth about what the cruise ship was going to cost me....why keep it? Hell the Japanese have been sleeping on mats for centuries...there's gotta be SOMETHING to it LOL.

So I sold it, along with a bunch of other crapola like old game guides sitting around collecting dust (got double what I paid for some of them), my grill I didn't need, old textbooks that had been sitting around...etc...

Also donated a bunch of clothes to goodwill I was never going to wear again.

Overall, I guess you could say this book changed my life (with even bigger lifestyle changes in the works). I should have listened to Neo and bought it earlier actually.

Buy it, NOW!!!!! Impulse!!!!

=)

-Dream