Tennessee Trip

Jan 3, 2008 11:22 AM

Smoky Mountains Tennessee

Growing up we almost always made the yearly trip to a nearby state. North/South Carolina, Georgia, but mostly Tennessee.

Well it's been a few years since we've gone, and this was the year to break the dry spell (pun intended). The only downside to going with my family was that we would be there on new year's eve, but then again I just went out like 4 months without missing a night, and Ill be back at it in less than a week...

Overall had a great time with the family though. We started to get on each other's nerves towards the end (as is tradition on our family vacations) but still a blast.

We actually stayed in a log cabin up on a mountain which was pretty cool. Nice pool table/jaccuzzi/cable tv to go with it.

The part of Tennessee we stayed in was near the Smoky's, in Townsend more specifically. A bit of a tourist trap but we've come to love it.



We did random shit, everything from going to the countless shopping malls to theme park hopping (the Nascar place was the best IMO). We also went to see National Treasure 2 the last day, wasn't bad but the first one was better.

We also ate out every day which was cool. Found out first hand the way I eat IS in fact doable, it's just not easy at most resturaunts. A lot of the time I had to order a combo of sides rather than an actual entree but hey it's all good.

BTW, Ruby tuesday's has the best grilled salmon of all time, and this is from a guy who usually doesn't even like salmon.

As for the locals, it's a different culture as you can see.


And while they do lack an abundance of gorgeous woman in the mountains (there we're a few cute waitresses but that was far and few), they seem to have the right mindset with women ;).

I did miss a few things from home, mainly friends and the gym. In place of the gym though I just went running every day.

Well, let's call it Rocky running. It was colder than balls out, and all the roads around the cabin were at RIDICULOUS angles, like seriously it was a bitch, but a challenge none the less. After I got done preparing to fight Drago from rocky IV every day I worked out with some LOGS and ROCKS, yeah Im not even kidding.


A deer I saw while walking back to the house from running, gotta love this part of the country


Then jumped in the hot tub which was kick ass.

Probably the best part of the trip, aside from hanging out with my family for longer than I have in like 2 years was reading.

I love reading self help stuff, but a lot of it is like textbook.

My friend let me borrow a book called Eragon. Awesome book, tore through it in 2 days. Downloaded the movie, watched that. He also let me borrow the sequel, Eldest but I didnt think I would finish Eragon so I left it at home back in Florida.

So I went and bought it at books a million. Awesome book as well, a tad longer, cant WAIT for the next book in this series.

In total the 2 books made like 1300 pages, Ive never read that much in 4 days prior. Thought my head was going to explode at one point.

Expect a full review after Nilataks HITT fitness post (which will be out TOMORROW, 100%).

In the end, great time. Probably better off flying next time though instead of driving 12 hours but hey it's all good in my dads new truck (mega cab rams are ridiculously big inside).

We thought we missed out on snow (which I've only seen a handful of times my whole life) but luckily it snowed for a few hours our last night in town.



Livin it Lovin it

-Dream