
This is an awesome picture lol.
Man what a day indeed.
Today I woke up, kinda standard day. But not too far in the day I found out the news that the Under 21 Convention footage was being released a little early.
Sure enough I check it out and it’s working great (about 90% done at the time actually).
But something in my head clicked. I don’t know what, or why, but it was as if someone took 1000 pounds off of my shoulders.
I hit state almost instantly, and have been in it all day. Like I’m sure everyone has those days where your just in a really good mood and full of energy etc…
But today has been different.
I think on a day to day basis I’m enjoying more energy and well being than most people due to the way I treat my body, but today has been just ridiculous. Like my energy has been non stop peaked, like Anthony Robbins level.
And it’s not quite the same feeling as an ego driven energy that Ive had before. The kind where you’re wayyyy to cocky and think you’re invincible.
This energy feels like it’s coming from somewhere else, and it’s affecting everything I’m doing today.
Like…..god I can’t wrap my head around it.
It’s as if everything today has just been….better, faster, stronger, clearer, bigger, more vibrant, AWESOME, etc…
When I hit the gym today (aerobic cardio day + some weights), I felt like fucking superman. Like every move I made was smoother and with more conviction. And man when I hit the weights, it was like they were just as heavy, but I just couldn’t be stopped. Like my pain threshold jumped up 10 levels.
I was breathing better and deeper, I looked, women smiled, I looked again, they smiled bigger.
I stretched, and man I could feel my muscles better than ever.
Everything today has more color, more contrast, and seems brighter (despite it being a somewhat cloudy day in Orlando).
I got home and ate a bunch of good food, and it tasted better than ever. Even the way I chewed my food today, just had more POWER.
I walked upstairs after lunch and I opened my door, totally calm, it flew open.
I’m like wtf….lol
I went to line dancing class after that (just got back), to no surprise I tore it up. I usually suck ass to. Coordination, agility, balance, shit just how fast I was thinking. And despite being in this awesome state all day I didn’t have positive reactions from everyone, but just about.
Like in this dance class any girl I even looked at locked eyes with me, it was nucking futs.
I called some old friends on the way home, everything I said just seemed to come out clearer and more on the ball.
Ironically this post is coming out a bit jumbled up though haha.
What I realize now though is that for all the times I’ve hit state, never has it lasted this long. Never have I truly been the person I want to be for this length of time. Like when I’m at a club it’s not uncommon to hit this state, but it only lasts for the night.
It’s as if my mind has acquired a taste for this state and finally remembered how to make it stick for a longer duration.
Sweet =)
What’s interesting though was what happened while working out last night (directly preceding today’s state).
Basically it was an anaerobic cardio day, and I pushed myself wayyyy past my limits.
Basically I was jumping rope so hard and so fast towards the end, I started getting dizzy. Sure enough I kept going though, going 110%, the other people in the class were cheering and everything. I knew I should have stopped, but something told me to keep going.
So much pain….man did it hurt. I thought I was going to pass out (which by the way I almost did). Luckily though I got a hold of myself when I started feeling light headed and slowed it down (quick tip-don’t ever abruptly stop when your heart is beating near or at it’s maximum, it’s a quick way to a heart attack).
I think this is part of what triggered today.
I felt ALIVE last night, much like I have today, ALL day (although without the pain of going past your lactic acid limits lol).
Sure it was a stupid move to abuse my body like that, but the ends justified the means. To push myself that friking hard meant tapping into a heightened sense of self, which surfaced today with some good news and now seems to be sticking.
At the same time, I know it’s not going to last. I accept the fact that it’s like riding a wave, but hey enjoy it while you can right? I know it’ll be back, and maybe when it ends Ill end up higher than I was before (this is the goal anyways, emotional balance/mastery).
So hey, I just thought I’d share what my day has been like. I’m sure a lot of guys reading know exactly what I’m talking about to so kudos to you if you’ve hit state before.
But bigger kudos to the guys who live their lives like this every single day, those guys are heroes, and I hope to be there soon.
-Dream