Around the World and back again...

Aug 21, 2007 2:02 PM

Wow, what a few weeks that was. Once again a stressful time, but also an awesome and unforgettable trip around the state.

First let me detail the driving I did.

Orlando to Cape Coral

Cape coral to Orlando

Orlando to Miami area

Miami area to upper keys

Upper Keys to Cape Coral

Cape Coral to Orlando

In total, 20+ highway hours, hauling ass. Ive listened to so much self improvement audio I’m ready to poke a hole in both of my ear drums (ok well not quite but you get the picture). Listened to some of Foundations, all of the convention audio, and most of Transformations.

So I began as most of you know heading home to get my boat ready for the keys trip and help my mom a little. From there I went back to Orlando to finish up my last weekend as a Sears Electronics salesman. From there (right after work) I went down to Miami to roll with Slikk and Speer-the FR is on the forum by the way.

Funny story, on the way back from the club is was like quarter after 4, Slikk is passed out in the passenger seat, Im fighting to stay awake and drive in a town I don’t know. Apparently I fell asleep at the wheel for about 2 seconds and nearly rammed a car in front of me (not so funny), woke up, swirved, hit the brakes, over corrected and lost control, and spun around twice doing 80 miles an hour in my Lightning. Came to a schreeching halt and the engine stalled out.

That sucked. Drove away fine though (thanks guardian angel lol) and then got pulled over.

“Son, exactly how much have you had to drink tonight”

“I don’t drink sir, im just really tired”.

The look on this dudes face was priceless.

He then proceeds to give me the pen test, aced.

“Go home and get some rest son”

“No problem sir ;), sorry about the trouble”.

That was interesting….

Next day I hang out with Speer a little more before heading down to the keys, checked out his crib etc…

Down to the keys I go.

We end up staying with this guy who is like a mix between your typical Hollywood latino, and Scarface. Guy was cool as shit (helped us out on more than one occasion).

Oh ya, almost forgot to mention the slewwww of problems we had getting the boat down there, including the trailer breaking with the boat ON IT. Ya…

So day 1 we get there and just crash. Wake up, head out a few miles and have a blast. The pics and video tell it all.









Day 2 was similar to day 1 except for the engine trouble we ran into (battery terminals were dirty, engine wouldn’t crank). Guy we were stayin with came and helped us out.

As for what we caught, about a dozen lobster in all. 2 were bigger than my arm, all were legal. Day 2 we also speared some grouper and snapper (black grouper and yellow tail). Made ghetto lobster with them (cut it into thin slices and boil it, same texture and tatse as lobster), mixed it with veggies and had one hell of a dinner.

Fourth day we were planning on tubing/wakeboarding but weather sucked and we were pooped at this point. Drove back to the cape and took care of all the details like putting my boat back in the water etc… Saw super bad (awesome movie) and the invasion before I left town for Orlando.

All in all, awesome trip Ill NEVER forget. Haven’t done anything like this in a long long time (used to all the time when I was younger) and it really helped me remember where I came from.

Rock on boys.

-Dream

ps-except a blog post someday about boating/fishing/the ocean, man I love that shit